Examination Results Appeal
- Examination Results Appeal Form (PDF)
Conditions for an Examination Appeal:
- Technical error by examiner
- Procedural difficulties in administration of an examination
- Discrimination of a candidate
Examination Results Appeal Form is used to appeal an examination decision and must be filed with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry within 30 days of the date on the notification letter. Appeal Form must be submitted with appropriate fee.
Extension of Candidacy Appeal - To apply for an extension of eligibility the Extension of Candidacy Form must be filed prior to lapse of eligibility. The period of eligibility for completing the ABPD certification process may be extended by the Board, upon written request
- for candidates enrolled in accredited training programs or
- in situations of documented medical disability.
The Extension of Candidacy Form (PDF) should be submitted to Headquarters along with documentation to support the request for extension due to enrollment in a full-time advanced education program includes and extension of eligibility due to enrollment in an accredited training program will not be applied retroactively:
- Letter from program director confirming enrollment date and anticipation program completion date.
- Annual confirmation of continuing enrollment if program is greater than twelve (12) months duration.
Documentation to support the request for extension of Candidacy (noted above) due to medical disabilities includes:
All ABPD annual requirements will remain in effect during the period of candidacy extension. There will be no grace year allowed. Any candidate who wishes to extend candidacy for reasons not included in this policy may request an extension through the appeals process.
- A letter from the attending physician (on professional letterhead with original signature) indicating the medical diagnosis and rationale that precludes participation in a scheduled examination (i.e., documentation of disability), as well as the anticipated date the candidate can resume normal activities.
- Resubmission of the request form with supporting letter if the disability continues beyond twelve (12) month duration.
Revised: March 2013